The Library Receives a Construction Grant!
Each year the New York State Library sets aside capital funds for Public Library Construction projects in the 23 Public Library Systems, which oversee more than 750 public libraries in NY State. In 2016 – 2017 the Clinton-Essex-Franklin System Library, which consists of 30 North Country Libraries, was awarded $432,000 for area projects. Our Library applied for - and received - $119,000 for the continued renewal of our 87 year old historic building. This award will enable us to upgrade the electrical system to electronic age standards, as well as to create a new up-to-date exit from the lower level in the rear of the building.
By Patty Paine
“A library is the delivery room for the birth of ideas, a place where history comes to life “ Norman Cousins
Schedule of Re-occurring Programs
- Mondays, Computer Classes by appointment
- Wednesdays 6:30—8:30 pm Library Jam Band
- Fridays, Story Hour for 3 year old children (must register)
- Beginning banjo lessons 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month, at 3 pm
- Intermediate banjo lessons 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month at 3 pm
- Friends of the Library meetings 1 pm every other month starting in January
- Readers Group usually the third Wednesday of the month at 5:15. Check the Facebook page for more information
- Jam Band performs at Champlain Valley Senior Community 3rd Friday of every month, Free and open to the public, 2:00 pm
The Library is closed on the Following Days:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Day
Join the Friends of the Library Today.
Have you paid your dues yet? Do you have know what the Friends of the Paine Memorial Library accomplish for the benefit of the library?
This enterprising group handles the annual golf tournament-from planning the event and gathering prizes to the food! They also help with the newsletter, decorate the library for the holidays, and run our annual book sale. This group also provides funding for much needed items in your library such as the new folding chairs used for programs. They also purchase other items from the director’s “Wish List” as their budget permits.
Phone __________________ E-mail___________________
□ Check if no receipt required.
Please make your check payable and return to:
Friends of the Library membership renews in the summer:
□ Individual $5.00
□ Family or Organization $10.00
□ Life Member $100.00
□ Donation ___________ (amount)
□ I would like my donation to go directly to the library
Donation to be used for: ___________________________